Tuesday, August 16, 2005

New toys


Nikon F80
Originally uploaded by markdemeny.

I traded my old Pentax MZ-M and lenses to pay for most of this F80. It's in near perfect condition and barely a mark on the film guides, so I'd doubt if more than a dozen rolls of film had passed through it.

You can also see the base of my Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8D AF lens which I purchased a few weeks ago as well.

I'm very happy with the progress I'm making taking photos and getting used to my camera inside and out. I'm now shooting RAW+Fine all the time - the jpegs go to Flickr, the RAW files to my backup drives.

This shot was in really poor light with a thin DOF, but think I did pretty well. I need to correct the WB, but I like the shot. I'm also getting much more used to the other useful functions like bracketing and exposure compensation and there are a few examples posted from yesterday.

I'm also pleased the F80 is nearly the same in function to the D70, so even sans manual I was able to figure most of it out. It will come in handy when shooting weddings for friends in that I won't have to swap lens as often with 2x the cameras.

No comments: